IRIS Independent Digital Forensic Lab is capable of critical incident response and has the equipment and expertise to conduct on site cell phone forensic acquisitions.
Smart phones, cell phones and other handheld electronics have become a major part of our everyday lives and the ever changing technology is making these devices a major source of information. Currently there are over 20,000 models of cell phones and smart phones operating on multiple networks.
- Expert Testimony
- Fast Track on-site capabilities
- Providing services and training to the Connecticut Public Defender
- Approved vendor with Federal Public Defender
Our examiners are Cellebrite Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME) and EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) certified. We can preserve the data and recover all of the available deleted files using court accepted methodology.
IRIS IDFL utilizes the latest technology and validated methods to identify and preserve the evidence. Our experienced investigators use many forensic tools including Cellebrite Forensic and Guidance Software EnCase Smartphone Examiner due to their wide use by law enforcement and their acceptance in Courts.
- Text Messages
- Call History
- Pictures and Videos
- Location Information
- Internet Browsing History
- Recovery of Deleted Data
- Malware removal from cell phones
Operating Systems Capabilities:
A variety of devices and operating systems (e.g. iOS and Android) are supported, such as:
- iPod Touch®
- Samsung Galaxy®
- Tom Tom® GPS
The type of phone and operating system version will largely determine how much information can be retrieved, including deleted data.
Detailed Forensic Reports:
At the conclusion of the analysis, clients receive an easy to navigate report containing all of the extracted information from the device. Our reports can be customized by keyword, date filter, or data type (such as text messages). Our certified forensic analyst assigned to the case can testify regarding the authenticity of the evidence.
Data Loss and File Corruption:
In dealing with mobile devices and portable electronic files, the critical time period of potential data loss or file corruption can occur prior to the forensic acquisition. The first step for investigation of digital evidence begins with the preservation of evidence through the forensic acquisition process. The forensic acquisition process is to create a verified forensic copy of the electronic data to be examined using accepted methods and equipment.
- Data corruption could result from manual examination of the device.
- Data loss could be caused by loss of power to the device resulting in the loss of the volatile memory.
- Data loss could be caused by the overwriting of an older file by a newer file that was received by the phone.
Our certified forensic experts can identify and remove malware from cell phones and computer operating systems. If your organization has suffered data loss or crucial digital evidence has been corrupted, talk to our friendly analysts in confidence to see how we can help
Initial rapid assessment of the device is CRITICAL to avoid potential data loss or corruption. Recognizing the need for timely cell phone forensic intervention and acquisition using accepted methods and equipment could mean the difference between forensically preserving electronic evidence or data loss and corruption.
- We provide consultation on how to handle the device to avoid data corruption.
- Our forensic experts provide on-site power options for thousands of different devices to prevent data loss in volatile memory situations.
- We can prevent file overwriting and data corruption by using special equipment on-site to isolate the device from a network.
Call now and speak with a certified expert. IRIS-IDFL is available 24 hours in emergency cases.