IRIS-Independent Digital Forensic Lab professionals can preserve and enhance poor quality audio following industry standards. By applying enhancement, details that may have been overlooked in the original may be identified.
- Fast track and rapid response capabilities
- Analog and digital recording enhancement
- Ability to locate and preserve all types of audio evidence
- High tech and forensic preservation capabilities
We examine digital and analog audio recordings submitted as forensic evidence including:
- Concealed recordings
- Voice mail recordings
- 911 dispatch recordings
- Audio from surveillance video recordings
- Courtroom recordings
- Confidential informant wire recordings
- Law enforcement recordings
Audio Enhancement Techniques:
A variety of filters or adjustments can be applied to enhance the material, bringing out specific aspects or events present in the recording. Low audio levels can be increased while unwanted background noise is reduced.
- Spectral Noise Reduction: Reduces unwanted background noise or ambiance in the recording to increase the Signal to Noise ratio (SNR).
- Frequency Equalization: Highly precise equalizers can be used to boost or cut specific bands of frequencies. This process makes speech more intelligible.
- Amplitude Adjustments: May be increased or decreased during this enhancement processes.
- Compression & Normalization: Quiet sounds in a recording such as whispering can be boosted by compressing the level of the signal so that the dynamic range of the material is reduced.
Call now and speak with a certified expert. IRIS-IDFL is available 24 hours in emergency cases.